Whole healthWhereas the medical model of care is to use medicine to correct symptoms, alternative holistic care seeks to improve overall health by discovering the reason for disease.
Oral health is an important aspect of whole health. What happens in the mouth will impact the entire body. When the mouth is sick, or filled with toxic material such as mercury, the body can become sick. Our goal is to help you preserve, achieve, and sustain your best oral health and wellbeing.
Dental materialsA large part of holistic dentistry is the materials with which we work. Our practice is not only mercury free, but also mercury safe. Amalgam (mercury) fillings are not a part of our practice. Instead, we construct healthy, strong, beautiful restorations from biocompatible materials such as porcelain, or composite resin. For more information on mercury, read our Mercury Safe and Mercury Free dentistry pages, or contact us for more information. We take your health seriously.
Periodontal diseaseThe latest scientific research is confirming that periodontal disease, or gum disease, can be directly linked to a number of health conditions. These include diabetes, heart disease, strokes, respiratory disease, cancers, osteoporosis, premature labour, and digestive disorders.
At Smile In Style we look for signs of gum disease at routine preventative care visits. Education is a big part of your dental care at Smile In Style. We will identify areas of concern and educate you on ways that you can improve your gum health. If gum disease is found, our hygienists will treat the condition early. For deeper pockets in gums that don't heal well following treatment by the hygienist, we recommend treating these areas with the Dental Laser. After Dental Laser treatment, we commonly see an improvement in the degree of pocket depth and a big reduction in the amount of bleeding.
TMJ/TMDAt the back of each side of the jaw is a temporomandibular joint (TMJ). This set of joints allows the jaw to move back and forth, up and down, and from side to side. Due to their extent of use, these joints may become irritated, especially if the bite is misaligned. It is said that nine in ten people have some degree of imbalance in their bite. This imbalance places undue stress on the TMJs, as well as the surrounding muscles and ligaments, which are stretched and pulled to accommodate the joint. TMJ disorders can cause pain in the face, head, neck, and shoulders, as well as cause migraines. The jaw may click or pop, or become limited in its range of motion. We have safe, effective ways to treat TMJ disorder non-invasively.
The 7 Health Benefits
Of Oil Pulling
- Dental treatment is an essential part of healthcare in Sunbury
- Why do Sunbury patients seek amalgam filling removal?
- Dentist in Moonee Ponds warns of risks associated with hidden tooth infections
- Why Melbourne area residents are turning to holistic dentists
- Your Dentist in Moonee Ponds keeps your smile healthy and beautiful with Mercury-Free Fillings
- Choosing the right Moonee Ponds dentist can be good for your whole health
- How healthy habits and care from a holistic dentist has Sunbury smiling
- Melbourne area holistic dentist gives patients a reason to smile
- Is holistic dentistry in the Melbourne area right for you?
- Monee Ponds residents enjoy great oral health with holistic dental care
- Patients ask, "Should I brush my teeth after oil pulling"
- Holistic Dentist in Sunbury VIC explains benefits of Oil Pulling