Straighten your teeth and renew your smile with SureSmile® Clear Aligners
From our Moonee Ponds and Sunbury offices, Smile in Style blends the latest techniques in dentistry and a passion for exceptional dental care. Dr Terry Rose carefully selects the treatments, technologies, and products that our team use to improve the oral health of our patients. So, patients have peace of mind that each recommended service or product is in the best interests of their oral health and general well-being.
Each innovation that we introduce has been painstakingly vetted for clinical effectiveness and safety. SureSmile® Aligners are no exception. These clear aligners are both favourable alternatives to “conventional” orthodontic treatments, such as “fixed,” metal braces and other removable, discreet plastic aligner treatments to straighten crowded, crooked gapped, and misaligned teeth.
What makes SureSmile® different
Unlike other systems that are marketed as transparent and comfortable alternatives to braces, SureSmile® aligner trays or oral appliances are optimally customised to fit the unique contours of each patient’s mouth. Precision planning supports the best fit for each aligner, and this optimal fit promotes efficient and gradual repositioning of the teeth into a straighter smile.
Additionally, the makers of SureSmile®, Dentsply Sirona, do not cut corners when it comes to quality. After patients slip SureSmile® aligners over their teeth, the premium proprietary and phthalate-free plastic is transparent and is hardly noticeable.So no one has to know that you are straightening your teeth!
In addition to providing a confidence-boosting alternative to conventional metal braces, SureSmile® aligners tend to hold their shape and are specially designed to facilitate both optimal movement of the teeth. Patients say that they are a comfortable treatment experience and provide sustained results. To get the optimum results with SureSmile® aligner trays, they must be worn as directed.
Compliance looks a little something like this:
- Aligners are worn for at least 20 to 22 hours each day.
- Each tray should be worn at all times, except when eating foods and brushing and flossing the teeth.
- Remove trays when drinking hot beverages or highly-pigmented drinks, such as hot tea and wine. These beverages can warp or stain the aligners.
- A series of aligner trays are necessary for SureSmile® treatment. So, be sure to wear the aligners correctly. Each tray is marked clearly with a “U” (for upper teeth) and an “L” (for lower teeth), as well as a number that indicates the “stage” of treatment. The trays correspond with specific treatment stages.
- Each tray in the series is worn for around one to two weeks before advancing to the next stage of treatment and, in turn, the next corresponding aligner.
- Clean the aligner before gently inserting it as instructed with specialised Retainer Brite® products, and refrain from using standard toothpaste, brushes, mouth rinses, and soaps that may soften, abrade, or otherwise damage the plastic.
- Visit our practice as directed by your Smile In Style Dentist so that they can check on your progress and provide you with the next sets of aligners.
Enjoy your renewed smile in around six to 18 months! Treatment time frames depend on factors, such as the nature and severity of the conditions that need to be corrected with SureSmile® aligners. These conditions can vary from minor cosmetic spacing issues to more advanced and complex underbites or overbites.
Phone 03 8400 4104 to book your SureSmile® consultation at our Moonee Ponds location or, if our Sunbury practice is more convenient for you, please call 03 8001 6021. During your visit, we use sophisticated technology and software to create an accurate visual representation of your smile and simulate how your teeth can be repositioned with SureSmile® aligners. Don’t wait any longer for that beautiful straight smile!