Cosmetic dentistry available from your holistic dental practice in Moonee Ponds or Sunbury
In our increasingly image-conscious society, appearances are important. Yet, you do not want to risk endangering your oral health in your quest for a more beautiful smile. What should you do? The answer is visit Smile in Style. We are more than a cosmetic dental practice. We are a holistic dental practice, where the health and safety of patients are always a top priority. Additionally, we offer artisan quality cosmetic treatments, because we understand that feeling proud of your smile is an important part of overall wellbeing and quality of life. We have rooms conveniently located in Moonee Ponds and Sunbury.
The benefits of cosmetic dentistry
A study conducted by Kelton Research on behalf of Invisalign found that people with straighter teeth are perceived to be happier, more attractive, more successful, healthier, and even smarter. Another study, by Oral-B, found that white teeth can make a person appear 20 percent more attractive and five years younger.
These are just a few examples of extensive research that proves the appearance of your smile is an important factor in the way others judge you. However, what is even more important is the way you feel about your smile. Do you like what you see in the mirror? Do you feel proud or self-conscious when you smile? The greatest benefit of cosmetic dentistry is improving your confidence and self-image. You deserve to love your smile, and we are here to make that happen.
A healthy smile is beautiful
A few procedures, such as teeth whitening, are performed purely for aesthetic reasons, which is a worthwhile goal. There are many dental treatments that improve appearance as well as improve health. In truth, cosmetic and restorative dentistry do not have to be mutually exclusive. When we perform a cosmetic dental procedure, we take measures to protect or even improve your health. Similarly, when we perform a restorative procedure, we use materials and techniques for a beautiful, natural looking result.
Health benefits of common cosmetic dental procedures include:
- Orthodontics – Crooked teeth are more than a cosmetic concern. They can make effective brushing and flossing difficult, which can increase the risk of decay. Many orthodontic problems also result in unevenly distributed biting force, which can cause excess wear and tear, and possibly even fractures.
- Cosmetic fillings – The health benefits of treating decay are obvious. We use tooth-coloured resin, which matches your enamel for a natural looking restoration. It is also mercury-free, metal-free, and biocompatible.
- Porcelain crowns – Like filling a cavity, this is considered a restorative procedure. However, by using biocompatible tooth-coloured materials and natural looking design techniques, porcelain crowns a cosmetic dental procedure as well.
- Porcelain veneers – While this is primarily a cosmetic dental procedure, veneers can also replace worn tooth enamel and sometimes repair minor tooth damage such as a small chip.
- Teeth whitening – Even brightening your smile can have indirect health benefits. How? We have noticed that most people are much more fastidious about oral hygiene after whitening or any cosmetic dental procedure. When your smile looks great, you want to keep it that way.