Dental treatment is an essential part of healthcare in Sunbury
We take our health seriously in Sunbury, Moonee Ponds, and other suburbs across Melbourne. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, over 80 percent of adults and teens over the age of 15 see a general practitioner at least once annually. Of course, that does not mean eight out of ten people are ill. More likely, it is a sign that we understand the value of preventive treatment. Unfortunately, for the same age group, that number drops below 50 percent for dental visits.
Your smile needs a doctor too
The benefits of preventive dental treatment include:
- Early disease diagnosis, which can be life-saving in the case of oral cancer
- Professional teeth cleaning removes tartar in hard-to-brush places before decay and gum disease develops
- Periodontal health assessment can detect gum disease in the early stages when it is reversible
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and get advice about oral care products, nutrition, flossing techniques, and more
- Avoid the pain and expense of tooth decay and periodontal disease
Your body needs a healthy mouth
As a holistic dentist, Dr. Rose and his team of dentists focus on whole health and wellness. The goal of holistic medicine is not to treat diseases, but to achieve wellness. Filling a cavity is treating a symptom. Restoring oral health requires also addressing the underlying problems that caused the cavity.
The benefits of dental care extend far beyond your teeth and gums. Research has linked oral disease with chronic systemic inflammation, as well as the spread of bacteria in your system. Many chronic health problems, such as diabetes, have a two-way relationship with gum disease. That means, treating and controlling either condition may improve the other. Similarly, neglecting either condition can exacerbate the other.
You can visit Dr. Rose in Sunbury 03 8001 6021 or Moonee Ponds 03 8400 4104. Call us today or BOOK ONLINE at www.smileinstyle.com.au
Back to Holistic Dentistry Page