Is it an Emergency? Signs you should call your Moonee Ponds dentist right away
We don’t want to see anyone in pain! If you have a dental emergency, and you are near Sunbury or Moonee Ponds, call Smile in Style immediately. Your dentist will see you as soon as possible and take steps to get you out of pain and correct your problem.
What is considered an Emergency? Many situations qualify as emergencies. If you are in unbearable pain, call us right away. If a tooth is badly damaged, or knocked out, as little as 30 minutes time can be the difference between losing or saving the tooth. Examples of situations requiring immediate dental care include:
- Knocked out tooth (completely out of its socket)
- Cracked or broken off tooth
- An extruded tooth (knocked loose of forced out of position)
- Facial injury involving dental trauma
Depending on the nature of the injury, you may need to see a doctor. You should go to the hospital emergency room if:
- You are bleeding excessively
- You think you have a broken bone, or an injured joint or muscle
- You have significant facial injuries, such as lacerations
- Swelling is severe, especially if it is interfering with your breathing
What if it’s not an emergency?
In most cases, dental pain isn’t sudden. Mild sensitivity or occasional throbbing might be easy to ignore. As it becomes more intense and more frequent, it becomes harder to live with. Problems that develop gradually may not be an emergency yet. Decay, gum disease and other oral health problems are progressive; so the longer you wait, the worse they become. At the first sign of any discomfort or sensitivity, schedule an appointment with us at a convenient time, before it becomes an emergency.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page