How healthy habits and care from a holistic dentist has Sunbury smiling
If you are looking for a dentist who is dedicated to your well-being, look no further than Smile in Style. We are proud to provide comprehensive, holistic dental care.
- Mercury free – We don’t place amalgam restorations in our practice. There are now non-metal alternatives, which also happen to be the most attractive solution. Our filling material requires less tooth preparation than amalgam, and it is coloured to match your own tooth enamel, so no one will know you had a cavity.
- Biocompatible – Virtually all of your nutrition and hydration enters your body through your mouth. By nature’s design, what goes in the mouth is easily absorbed. Therefore, toxic dental materials can easily affect your whole body. Additionally, a material being deemed “non-toxic” does not guarantee it is fully compatible with your body because each body is different. The holistic dentist takes care to check for sensitivities and select genuinely biocompatible materials for each patient.
- Science meets nature – If you prefer to keep your health care as natural as possible, you’ve probably encountered resistance from doctors and dentists. Herbal treatment, relaxation therapy, ancient traditional medicine, biofeedback, and similar practices are often frowned upon by the medical community. Similarly, “alternative medicine” practitioners may hesitate to recommend conventional treatment when needed, and they are rarely licenced to provide it. Holistic medicine is scientifically based and incorporates the safest, healthiest, most effective techniques of both modern medicine and natural alternatives.
- Customised care – Medical problems, diet, activity level, stress, and many other variable factors affect your oral health, and your needs are not the same as anyone else’s. Similarly, your schedule, budget, and personal preferences are unique. We we will work with you to develop a healthy oral care plan, optimised specifically for you.
- Patient education – Knowledge is power. It’s not just a popular saying, it is quite true, especially in relation to your health. You need to know what conditions you are at high risk for, how your dietary choices affect your dental health, the impact of prescription medications you are taking, the symptoms that you should be on the lookout for, and much more. We will arm you with the knowledge you need in order to take control of your oral health.