Why patients near Moonee Ponds or Sunbury choose KOR professional teeth whitening
There is nothing quite like a dazzling white smile. It can light up a room or brighten someone’s day. Best of all, it feels great to know that your teeth look great. Not surprisingly, teeth whitening is in high demand, which means there are a plethora of options. There are dozens of professional teeth whitening systems and countless over-the-counter products. Choosing the right one can be overwhelming for most people. However, for Dr. Rose and the dentists at Smile In Style, the choice is obvious. As a team of dentists with years of experience and a passion for excellence, they choose to offer KöR whitening at the Smile In Style practices in Moonee Ponds and Sunbury.
Understanding types of teeth whitening
Unless you happen to be a trained dentist, you might think all teeth whitening products and systems are essentially the same. However, there are significant differences in how they work, as well as safety and effectiveness. Some of the most common methods include:
- Abrasives – You may find these in whitening toothpastes. They can remove biofilm from the surface of teeth, making them cleaner and brighter. However, they do not bleach out deep stains. Also, be careful because too harsh of an abrasive can damage tooth enamel.
- Over the counter whiteners – Products range from adhesive strips to mouth rinses, and even DIY trays with gel. The quality, safety, and effectiveness of these products can vary greatly, depending on the brand. A good product might remove some stains, but the concentration of whitening ingredients in retail products is lower than what is available from a dentist. Therefore, the results will not match professional treatments.
- Standard dental whitening – The majority of in office whitening treatments use a powerful gel, which is applied to teeth for a specific period. It can remove surface stains quickly and may cause increased tooth sensitivity. However, it is considered safe because it is professionally applied using a specific technique. The formula does not contact your gums, and it is not left on teeth long enough to damage them. Some systems use a laser or other light source to improve results, though research suggests that such light-activated whitening dehydrates tooth enamel. Typical take-home kits include a milder gel and custom-made trays, which are used daily according to the dentist’s instructions.
- KöR Deep Bleaching – In a category of its own, KöR is much more than a gel that bleaches out stains. It restores the natural permeability of tooth enamel, allowing bleaching ingredients to reach deep intrinsic stains, including those caused by tetracycline. This unique proprietary formula is not only exceptionally effective, but also notably gentle because it includes ingredients that help prevent sensitivity.
What makes KöR different
With better results and less sensitivity, KöR might sound like an over-hyped product. It is just the opposite. This amazing formula is the result of extensive research and development. It began with in-depth study of how stains form on teeth, why some stains are resistant to typical professional whitening, and what causes post-whitening sensitivity. Developers then went to work creating solutions, with the goal of achieving better results in a safer way.
There is no single answer to what sets KöR apart. Instead, there are many factors, including:
- Climate controlled – Whitening ingredients are temperature-sensitive, and they can lose potency due to environmental conditions during shipping and warehousing. That is why KöR products are refrigerated from the time that they leave the factory in the USA until they arrive at Smile In Style in Australia, to ensure that the product retains its full-strength and optimal quality for best results.
- Improved design trays – While most professional trays protect your gums from the whitening gel, they do not protect the whitening gel from saliva. Even tiny leaks can quickly deactivate the formula. Exclusive KöR-Seal trays prevent leaks, preserving effectiveness throughout the application.
- Stop sensitivity before it starts – Rather than adding numbing agents to treat sensitivity, KöR whitening kits include desensitisers that help prevent fluid exchange within the tooth. Research suggests this fluid exchange causes inflammation of dental pulp, which is responsible for tooth sensitivity.
- Advanced delivery system for in-chair treatment of Tetracycline staining– Some chemicals cannot be mixed in advance, or the formula will degrade. Dual-barrel delivery systems contain two separate formulas, which are combined at the time of treatment. However, in their quest for a more effective whitening product, KöR developers needed a more sophisticated formula. This led to the world’s first tri-barrel gel whitening technology, with three chambers to preserve the integrity of all ingredients and achieve exceptional results.
Discover your brightest smile today
If you want to enjoy the benefits of the scientifically proven KöR deep bleaching system, just call Smile In Style at 03 8001 6021 (Sunbury) or 03 8400 4104 (Moonee Ponds) or book online at www.smileinstyle.com.au for an appointment.