Residents of Moonee Ponds & Sunbury VIC ask, “What is the importance of oral health?”
Your mouth is not a separate entity. It shares an intimate relationship with your body and your mind. Maintaining oral wellness through good home care and healthy, professional dental care sustains that harmony, enhancing your quality of life.
Consider these ways oral health impacts your life balance:
- Self-esteem. Unique aspects of your intelligence, compassion, and morality may be more important than how you look. But your appearance plays a big part in how satisfied you are with yourself. Straight, white teeth and a clean mouth enhance every feature of your face.
- Public acceptance. Your oral health plays a dual role here. First, unpleasant breath and missing or decayed teeth offend may others and cause them to jump to conclusions about your hygiene and status. Second, when you aren’t confident in your smile, you smile less often. That may give the impression of unfriendliness or aloofness.
- Nutrition. A full set of strong teeth allows you to eat a nutritious diet including fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Proper chewing aids in good digestion, too.
- Clear speech. You have ideas to share with the world! It’s important that they be heard loud and clear. That is difficult to do with a lisp or whistle from crooked and missing teeth.
- Comfort. Cavities, abscesses, TMJ problems, and broken teeth hurt! The dental team at Smile in Style strives to help residents of Moonee Ponds and Sunbury Victoria prevent these problems. Use of early detection and treatment with gentle holistic restorations can quickly get you back on track to good oral health when issues do arise.
- Overall wellness. Every part of your body is connected. Think about it – if you had an infection on your hand, your whole arm would hurt and you’d feel the fever all over. Gum disease is an infection. Fighting it drains your resources, and the bacteria that cause it are linked to serious systemic conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, heart attack, stroke, immune disorders, and more.
- A window to your health. Many physical disorders manifest oral symptoms. A holistic dentist appreciates this correlation and monitors oral health for early warning signs of other physical problems.
Become a Smile in Style patient at our Sunbury or Moonee Ponds locations to begin enjoying the benefits of oral health that extend well beyond your smile.
Back to Oral Health And Well Being Page