Emergency Dental Care quickly eases pain; with an unhurried personalised approach that supports your dental health
At Smile In Style in Sunbury and Moonee Ponds, Victoria, attractive and healthy teeth are always in fashion – and our approach to emergency dental care complements and supports this fundamental principle. Our highly trained reception team avoids over-booking appointments. That way, we can usually see patients who are in pain or have urgent dental needs often on the same day in either our Moonee Ponds or Sunbury rooms.
Additionally, we take a “triage” approach to caring for urgent matters. Often, patients may seek out emergency dental care due to a toothache. Our priority is to relieve an aching tooth or other painful and uncomfortable oral concerns. Unfortunately, as decay works its way through the tooth, it is only when it reaches the nerve that a toothache may become unbearable.
It is important to seek prompt dental care if this happens. Oral infections can also spread systemically without treatment. An abscess in your gum is a serious infection that may lead to swelling of the face and neck and pose a systemic health threat. With trusted and prompt emergency dental care, we aim to ease distressing pain and other symptoms and also avoid the potentially severe complications of dental decay. We accomplish this with:
- Immediate guidance on products to take and steps to take to ease pain and swelling from the comfort of your home
- Instructions on how to care for teeth that may, for instance, be partially or fully dislodged to increase the odds of preserving the affected tooth.
- A blend of prompt, same-day appointments whenever possible and unhurried, personalised approaches to resolving the underlying cause of unpleasant symptoms
- Treatments that are focused on conserving the most natural tissue and sustaining the oral health associated with attractive smiles, healthy function, and systemic wellbeing
- Establishing a prevention programme, that aims to prevent problems rather than to react and treat them
All of our patients benefit from preventative hygiene and check up appointments. During these regular 6-monthly visits, our skilled hygienists will use their professional knowledge and tools to remove stubborn, destructive plaque and surface stains. They will also check your gums for any periodontal disease. Then one of our talented and kind dentists will examine your teeth for potential problems.
Additionally, custom made mouthguards are recommended for those who play contact sports, to protect the teeth and oral tissues from blows to the face and prevent injuries.
These measures promote your health and prevent emergencies, so if you are due for a preventative care appointment, phone our Sunbury office at 03 8400 4104 or our Moonee Ponds, VIC office at 03 8001 6021. It is always best for Smile In Style to partner with you to stay ahead of problems rather than to play catch up after pain and damage has already begun.